I found this list of questions on http://www.publishing-hub.com/2013/11/words-with-writers-20-fantastic.html and I thought it might be fun to answer some of them, to give people a flavour of what I’m like as a writer. So here goes!
-What does your writing process look like?
Process…hmmm. Well, at the moment, it’s five minutes here and there during the day, snatched at my laptop in the living room while my two young daughters are occupied with something else. Then, it’s a bit of time in the evenings if my husband’s cooking dinner.
-Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)?
I think the strangest one so far was trying to iron out plot points during my younger daughter’s night feeds. It was something to take my mind off falling asleep!
– What book do you wish you could have written?
Anything by Jilly Cooper; Rivals, especially. Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South.
– What authors have inspired you to write?
– If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?
See this page for my thoughts on this 🙂
– How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?
I like the sound of a name, but I don’t have any method of choosing them. The characters tell them to me!
– What do you consider to be your best accomplishment?
My two gorgeous daughters.
– Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In my own study, writing full time, having paid off the mortgage! But still in the same house.
-Have you always liked to write?
Ever since I could pick up a pen. It’s a natural process for me.
-Are you a plotter or a pantster?
Pantser until about 100,000 words in!
-Is this your first book? How many books have you written prior (if any?)
Yup! The first novel that made total sense to me from start to finish. although I’ve written plenty of stories.