I’m a bit of a sucker for list shows, so I thought I’d share my top ten romantic moments, that probably inspired me to be a writer of romantic fiction. In no particular order, here are my top ten kisses and heart stopping ‘pashes’.
1. Sir Guy of Gisborne and Marian of Knighton’s infamous doorway grope. Lucy Griffiths and Richard Armitage got this one so right. It’s eight seconds of snogging perfection, in my book!
2. The Doctor and Rose at Bad Wolf Bay. I loved the Tennant/Piper combination, and BBC’s rendering of the scene was marginally better than what ended up in the actual episode. Long live Ten (2) and his beautiful Rose! 🙂
3. Mulder and Scully from ‘The X-Files: Fight the Future’. So close, so very very close! I love Gillian and David with equal passion, and this moment from the first film makes my heart flip every time. Beautiful!
3a). And here’s the outtake, because, well, who can resist an actual snog?!
4. Lister and Rimmer’s snog from the ‘Blue’ episode of Red Dwarf. Actually, I prefer the dialogue and the cuddle, but the snog makes me giggle every time! Link is for the extended kiss – great fun 😉
I couldn’t not include Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams’ beautiful kiss from Enchanted. Simply stunning, and so romantic.
7. And no list would be complete without Colin Firth’s Mark Darcy giving Renee Zellweger’s Bridget Jones a massive, but still manly snog in the snow. If only for his achingly sexy use of the ‘f’ word 😉
8. And for the unforgivable omission of Gene Hunt from my ‘Romantic Heroes’ post, here’s his kiss with the gorgeous Keely Hawes from Ashes to Ashes.
9. While I’d have preferred to see Sherlock kissing Watson, the ‘kiss’ with Moriarty is worth a mention;)
10. And finally, still riffing on Cumberbatch, here’s his very memorable kiss with Reese Witherspoon…
Happy love day, everyone! *smooches to all*